…With boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la!
Christmas has arrived and so has the excitement.
It’s official, I’ve got Christmas envy. Everywhere I go lights are twinkling and festive songs are ringing out. But, we have yet to put a single decoration up at home yet.
Now, everyone has a different opinion on when you should ‘deck the halls’ and get festive with it…but normally we will make our annual trip to a local farm, where they have mulled wine and reindeer to keep everyone happy, and pick out our Christmas tree in early December – I think if you’re splashing out on a Norwegian Fir tree you might as well get your money’s worth!
But, this is not for everyone. I have friends who want their tree up for as little time as possible, so will squeeze it in in the final few hours before Santa arrives (eeek that’s piling on the pressure!), whilst others I know have had decorations up since mid-November!
So, it is a fine art perfecting the precise time for you to enter into the festive spirit and show the world (in the voice of Slade’s Noddy Holder) “it’s Christmas”!
I think it’s safe to say that our tree will make its appearance this weekend…look out! I’ll post photos when it’s ready (by that I mean once the children have gone to bed and I can rearrange their not-so-carefully placed baubles)!
But in the mean time, enjoy this beautiful tree which appeared recently outside Feniton Village Post Office..definitely worth a visit if you’re in the area!
1) I heard my first Christmas song played on the radio today…it was Paul McCartney’s Wonderful Christmas Time
2) I’ve seen the Coca Cola Advert…this is the ‘Official’ start to Christmas for me
3) This weekend it’s Xmas Treats weekend at Escot
4) My children are singing Christmas carols that they’re practicing for their school nativities
5) I’ve had my first Christmas card… it’s from Combe House and it’s gorgeous
So, ’tis the season to be jolly…lets go with it!